Diễn đàn trường THCS Nguyễn Chí Thanh

login.php?sid=65489a16a461c063ec1280954a5116bb profile.php?mode=register&sid=65489a16a461c063ec1280954a5116bb faq.php?sid=65489a16a461c063ec1280954a5116bb memberlist.php?sid=65489a16a461c063ec1280954a5116bb search.php?sid=65489a16a461c063ec1280954a5116bb index.php?sid=65489a16a461c063ec1280954a5116bb

Diễn đàn trường THCS Nguyễn Chí Thanh » Sử » Defoe has 'nothing to prove' if selected for England
Gửi bài mới  Trả lời chủ đề này Xem chủ đề cũ hơn :: Xem chủ đề mới hơn 
Defoe has 'nothing to prove' if selected for England
Bài gửiGửi: Sáu Tháng 5 11, 2018 1:51 pm Trả lời với trích dẫn nội dung bài viết này
makaralove
Trung cấp
Ngày tham gia: 30 1 2018
Số bài: 104
Đến từ: qeqe

link sbo Bournemouth striker Jermain Defoe is relaxed about a potential call-up to the England squad for the upcoming World Cup and says he has nothing to prove imui ten selected by boss Gareth Southgate. The 35-year-old former Tottenham Hotspur striker was called up to the England squad for the first time since 2013 during last year's World Cup qualifiers and scored on his return against Lithuania. He has played just one minute for England since.

Defoe's build up to the World Cup has seen him score four goals in 23 league matches for Bournemouth this season but the veteran says he is not worried as his past exploits prove that he can deliver when called upon. "I got a letter. All the players that are in contention get a letter to tell you the schedule for the summer," Defoe told ESPN. "I don't feel like I have anything to prove.

I'm quite relaxed about it to be honest. The manager knows what I'm about and, imui ten I'm called on, I'm link sbo ready to go to another tournament." Defoe believes his case for World Cup selection would have been helped imui ten he had been given more game time. "I feel like imui ten I'd played more games, we'd be sitting here and it'd be a different conversation.

Throughout my career whenever I've played and got rhythm, that's when I get my goals. And I've proved it," Defoe added. "Against Lithuania at Wembley, I had about four touches and scored. Did anyone see that coming? No... "I've never really thought about retiring from international football because I still feel sharp, I still feel in my heart I can score goals at that level."

Defoe has represented link sbo England in disappointing campaigns at the 2010 World Cup and the 2012 European Championship and knows the criticism the players face from a success-hungry British media. The frontman, however, says he is baffled by the media's jabs aimed at current players Dele Alli and Raheem Sterling.

"Everyone knows that it's different in other countries. It would make a massive difference imui ten the press got behind us more. Instead, when things go wrong, you get players getting crucified..." he said. Southgate has until June 4 to name his World Cup squad, ahead omui ten England's opener against Tunisia on June 18.

Diễn đàn trường THCS Nguyễn Chí Thanh » Sử
Bạn không có quyền gửi bài viết
Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
Bạn không có quyền sửa chữa bài viết của bạn
Bạn không có quyền xóa bài viết của bạn
Bạn không có quyền tham gia bầu chọn
Bạn không được phép gởi kèm file trong diễn đàn này
Bạn không được phép download files trong diễn đàn này
Thời gian được tính theo giờ [GMT+ 7 giờ]  
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang  

Gửi bài mới  Trả lời chủ đề này  

Diễn đàn giáo dục Đăk Nông